We will regularly publish a newsletter for residents on our website, sharing any changes at CDS, good news stories, and general updates that may be useful for you.
Have a look at here at our latest Residents Newsletter – next newsletter coming soon.
Help in Hard Times
The Cost of Living Crisis, energy costs, food and petrol are all much more expensive than they were a year ago and inflation means that this is likely to be worse in the winter. We know that many of our customers are on low incomes and may struggle to meet essential costs.
Our hardship fund may be able to offer some help. Click here for more information.
- Strive to build trust by being reliable, fair and acting with integrity
- Communicate clearly and politely
- Respect your personal data and privacy
- Offer you the option to leave a message if we are not immediately available
- Make it easy for you to complain about any aspect of our service
- Act reasonably in trying to respond to any special requirements you may need
We always want to know if you are unhappy about any aspect of our service. We know that we can make mistakes and we are always happy to review decisions or actions. Where we have made mistakes, we will try to put things right for you and where we are unable to meet your expectations we will explain why.
We can accept your complaint by phone, email, letter, in person or through our website. We will:
- Acknowledge your complaint in writing within 3 working days
- Confirm who is responsible for reviewing and responding to your complaint
- Respond to your concerns in writing within 10 working days
- Clarify when any issues arising from your complaint will be resolved
- Tell you whether and how you can have our decision reviewed
- Answer the phone within 3 rings
- Reply to all enquiries within 3 working days of receipt (in person, phone, email, letter)
- Respond in full to your enquiry or let you know the date by which we will be able to do so
Repairs and Maintenance
- Provide a 24/7 service for reporting emergency repairs, 365 days a year
- Make it easy to report all other repairs through our website at any time
- Make safe any emergency repairs within 24 hours
- Complete urgent repairs within 7 days
- Complete other repairs, including follow up repairs, within 28 days
- Make an appointment with you for all non-emergency repairs
- Carry out a gas safety check on your property each year (where applicable)
- Make sure your home meets the decent homes standard
If, for any reason we cannot complete a repair on time, we’ll be in touch with you to agree a timescale.