welcome to co-op services online
We acknowledge the vital work of co-op tenant-members who give up their time to serve as elected members on their co-operative's committee and on the committees of CDS Co-operatives.This democratic involvement ensures that your co-operative is run as an effective business, is financially viable, is able to provide value for money and is responsive to the needs of its members and the community it serves.This active participation in your co-operative is the foundation for the creation of a sustainable community in which to live.
Our role as a service agency is to support this democratic control by providing the full range of services that housing co-operatives need to enable members to control their co-operative's business affairs without having to shoulder the burden of day to day management work.We are committed to providing services that are efficient and offer value for money to our client co-operatives.Providing services on-line through this web site allows you to use our services at times that are convenient to you.
We are developing the services that we can provide to support member control over the Internet through this web site.The following services are currently available online to our client co-operatives:
- information store - our library section contains information relating to you as a co-op committee.
- education and training - need refresher training or need to learn something new?
- latest news - check out our news section for co-op and committee related news items.
The services we provide under our management agreement include:
- tenancy management
- rent collection and arrears control
- lettings administration
- co-operative administration
- receiving requests for routine repairs and ordering repairs
- ordering routine repairs and monitoring progress
- grounds maintenance and services administration
- financial management, including the payment of invoices, computerised bookkeeping, the preparation of budgets, cashflows financial reports and accounts
- committee support and governance advice
Our management agreement enables client co-operatives to choose to carry out some management tasks themselves if they wish.Please check your co-operative's management agreement to ensure that we are responsible for providing the service you require.
We also provide other services on a project by project basis.These services include:
- organising stock condition surveys - so that you know the condition of your co-op's housing and can ensure that you can plan to keep it in good condition.
- administering major repairs and planned maintenance projects - putting your maintenance plans into effect and supervising repair and improvement contracts.
- long term business planning - so that you can plan your future rents and know that your co-operative can maintain your homes and stay financially healthy.
- governance and member participation health checks - a health check to ensure that your co-op is viable, well managed and well governed.
For information about these services and a fee quote for providing them please contact your client relationship officer.
Complaints or compliments about our services
We are committed to providing a high quality service to our client co-operatives and, where we welcome compliments when we do things well, we also recognise that occasionally we get things wrong.
Please let us know if you think that we have given you our your co-op a poor service, or if you feel you've been unfairly treated.If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service please try and resolve it informally through direct contact with your co-op's client relationship officer. If this informal contact fails to resolve matters to your satisfaction please register a formal complaint.This can be done in writing or via the response form.Click here to download our complaints policy.
We also welcome comments and constructive suggestions about how we can improve our services.Please also use the response form for your suggestions.