Help us to become better listeners and give back to your community
We have recently adopted the ‘Together with Tenants’ Charter. This was developed by social housing residents and landlords across the country, working closely with the National Housing Federation. It provides a framework for improving the way we work with and for you. As part of this work, we are creating a Together with Tenants – a group of residents who will help us shape our plans and will work with us to help us become better listeners.
The Charter focuses on 6 key areas of work and the group will help us to improve in all these areas:
- Relationships – building relationships that are respectful, honest, open and transparent
- Communication – providing clear, timely and accurate information about things that matter to our residents and letting you know how we are performing and how we make decisions
- Voice – seeking out and valuing the voice of residents and using this to influence decisions. Making sure everyone has a chance to be heard
- Accountability – working as partners with our residents to make sure our work is open to scrutiny and we can be held to account for our decisions
- Quality – providing homes that are of good quality, are well maintained, safe and well managed
- When things go wrong – giving simple, accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and getting things back on track quickly
What is CDS changing?
We are rethinking the way that we work so that we can really change the relationship we have with our customers. As part of that, we want to bring together a group of residents – one from each of our estates – who can help us to develop our plans and particularly help us to develop ways in which we can more actively listen and respond in all of our work. We want to make sure that the knowledge and experience of living in all of our estates is reflected when we are making plans for change.
What would be involved?
If you join the Together with Tenants Panel you will need to be willing to give us a little of your time on a reasonably regular basis – perhaps an hour a month.
- Attend some meetings on line
- Comment through things like surveys to:
- Help us to understand what it feels like to live on your estate
- Help us to understand what it feels like to use things like the repairs service in your home
- Share your thoughts with us about what we are doing well and what we need to improve
- Work with other residents and with our team in respectful and inclusive ways
What help will I get?
We will provide training and support for anyone who want to get involved. We can also help to provide equipment and cover any costs that are incurred.
What’s in it for me?
We will provide you with training if you need it and will pay all expenses incurred including things like childcare costs to allow you to attend/focus on meetings. Getting involved will help you shape the things that most matter to you and to other residents in your home and neighbourhood – as well as offering some useful experience and training to add to your CV or to help you to get work or another voluntary role.
We would love to hear from you if you might be interested in getting involved.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7096 7750 to find out more.