We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2021, taking place 13th – 19th September. To celebrate, we are holding a Gas Safety Event on 14 September at Phoenix Place, Dartford.
We will be joined on the day by the Kent Fire and Rescue Service (and their fire engine!) and refreshments will be provided.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly and without warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it.
What will be on offer on the day?
- An opportunity to meet CDS staff and our new gas contractor – P H Jones Ltd.
- Learn about gas safety and the importance of having an annual safety check carried out.
- Book your annual gas safety check (if it is due in the next 10 weeks).
- Meet the Kent Fire and Rescue Service and book a fire safety check for your home.
- Talk about testing your heating system before winter comes.
Come and join the fun at the community centre to learn about what you can do to keep your family and neighbours safe. Pop along to the Phoenix Place Community Centre any time between 10am and 2pm on 14 September. We are excited to see you all in person and hope you are also keen to come along to say hello to our Phoenix Place team!