Latest news for residents
Each quarter we will be publishing a newsletter for residents on our website, sharing any changes at CDS, good news stories and general updates which will be useful for you. We will always let you know the newsletter has been published online by letting you know on your quartley rent statement.
Please find our July newsletter here.
Our Service Standards
- Strive to build trust by being reliable, fair and acting with integrity
- Communicate clearly and politely
- Respect your personal data and privacy
- Offer you the option to leave a message if we are not immediately available
- Make it easy for you to complain about any aspect of our service
- Act reasonably in trying to respond to any special requirements you may need
We always want to know if you are unhappy about any aspect of our service. We know that we can make mistakes and we are always happy to review decisions or actions. Where we have made mistakes, we will try to put things right for you and where we are unable to meet your expectations we will explain why.
We can accept your complaint by phone, email, letter, in person or through our website. We will:
- Acknowledge your complaint in writing within 2 working days
- Confirm who is responsible for reviewing and responding to your complaint
- Respond to your concerns in writing within 10 working days (from the date of receipt)
- Clarify what action will be taken and when this will be done
- Tell you whether and how you can have our decision reviewed
Please see our Complaints Policy for further details.
- Answer the phone within 3 rings
- Reply to all enquiries within 3 working days of receipt (in person, phone, email, letter)
- Respond in full to your enquiry or let you know the date by which we will be able to do so
Repairs & Maintenance
- Provide a 24/7 service for reporting emergency repairs, 365 days a year
- Make it easy to report all other repairs through our website at any time
- Make safe any emergency repairs within 24 hours
- Complete urgent repairs within 7 days
- Complete other repairs, including follow up repairs, within 28 days
- Make an appointment with you for all non-emergency repairs
- Carry out a gas safety check on your property each year (where applicable)
- Make sure your home meets the decent homes standard
If, for any reason we cannot complete a repair on time, we’ll be in touch with you to agree a timescale.