who we are and what we do
CDS Co-operatives' registered name is 'The Co-operative Development Society Ltd'. But that's too long, so we use CDS Co-operatives as our trading name.It emphasises that we too are a co-operative controlled by our members.Our members include the client co-operatives we serve.
We are a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with the Financial Conduct Authority. Click here for more information. Registration is under our full name, The Co-operative Development Society Ltd, registration number 17107R. We are also registered as a registered provider of social housing with the Homes and Communities Agency, registration number LH0170. As a registered provider we are eligible for social housing grants from the Homes and Communities Agency to develop new homes and are subject to their regulation.
We are also a member of the Housing Ombudsman Service. The Ombudsman has the power to consider complaints from tenants and other users of our services if a user considers that we have not properly addressed his or her complaint.
To view a map showing the geographical area in which we currently work click here. We will respond positively to requests to work in new areas where there are good prospects of developing new housing co-operatives and viable service provision. If you are interested in asking us to consider working in a new area please contact our Chief Executive, Linda Wallace.
We provide the comprehensive range of services that our tenants, leaseholders and client co-operatives' members may require and the support co-operatives need to control their homes.Our services include:
- Housing development and project administration
- Rent accounting and arrears control
- Bookkeeping and accountancy
- Financial planning and financial management, including the preparation of budgets, management accounts, annual accounts and business plans
- Routine repairs administration
- Planned maintenance and cyclical repairs administration
- Member education and training
- Tenancy and leasehold management
- Lettings and void management
- General housing and property management
- Co-operative administration
- Co-operative governance support and best practice advice
Tenants, leaseholders, client co-operatives and their members wishing to access our services can telephone us on 03333 21 30 30 or send an email to Customer Service Centre.
For more information please contact:
New client co-operatives wishing to use our services should contact Linda Wallace - Chief Executive on 020 3096 7730 or email TalkToUs@cds.coop